Friday, February 4, 2011

Warm Liquid Goo

Remember the scene in the first Austin Powers movie where he is defrosted in the warm liquid goo?  My roommate bought me some magnificent purple warm liquid goo to soak my aching waitress feet in and it was glorious.  Smelled like lavender.

Today I was woken up by the ding-a-ling of my cell phone's message alert.  It was a friend telling me she had just purchased what I believe might be the first sale of my book Freak.  As you can imagine, I couldn't go back to sleep after that.  A ting-a-ling eternity later, I'd read half a zillion text messages of friends and had a sore ear from phone calls about the fact that this looonnggg project is finally a real book.  I'm psyched by the comment about Barnes&Noble, where they've got a twenty-something preview on their ebook nook site.  Will have to go there and see exactly what twenty-something pages were chosen but for now, I'm just basking in the warm liquid goo feeling of a monster project finally completed.  So thanks for all the calls, texts, and early bird orders, my friends.  I hope the book lives up to your expectations and does what it's supposed to do: help screwed up nutballs like me to feel better about themselves and cultivate a little self-love of their own.  Go do a bit of inner child nurturing and soak in heavenly purple goo, if only mentally.  Better yet, have your feet in lovely lavender slop while you meditate on how much, in fact, you don't suck.

Love, R

No comments:

Post a Comment